Tuesday, October 14, 2014


Since someone won't let me sponsor them in a recovery program that helps us learn how to get weirdos to leave us alone, I thought I would add some things I have learned on that topic recently. One question I find it important to ask myself is "Did they ask?" Do these people actually WANT me to mother, manage, martyr and manipulate them? Do they want 24 extra cupcakes that take me 10 hours to decorate? Do they NEED me to make them all charts and make sure their equipment is in operating order? Do I HAVE to be the designated driver? Do I want to do all the ceaseless minutiae
that I think everyone else is too overwhelmed to handle and only I can make sure it is done correctly? "Don't do anything that will give you a resentment" is another little gem of a reminder that helps me to keep the resentments from piling up so much that they completely paralyze me.
   On to practicing some more, maybe I should write a song where the refrain is "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...."

No comments:

Post a Comment